Behind closed doors announced for Saturday
After the two clubs had appeared before the Disciplinary Commission on Wednesday, the Commission later announced that it has placed the series of events that took place during the match between Nice - Marseille under investigation and delivered two protective measures:
• The match at the Allianz Riviera between OGC Nice – FC Girondins de Bordeaux scheduled for Saturday 28 August 2021 at 5pm will be played entirely behind closed doors.
• Mr. Pablo Fernandez (Olympique de Marseille's Fitness Coach) is to be suspended from the dugout, referee's dressing room and from all official duties.
"Following the investigation, which will be published on Wednesday 8 September, the Disciplinary Commission will provide its final decisions on:
• The behaviour of the OGC Nice supporters and the pitch invasion.
• The behaviour of the players on the pitch.
• The outcome of the encounter.
While waiting for these decisions, the result of the match will not be included in the Ligue 1 Uber Eats league table", detailed the LFP in a statement.