17 teams. Some 150 players. The OGC Nice School of Football, which bears the 'Elite' label, enables youngsters aged five to 11 to play football in the red-and-black shirt.
Axel Mazerbourg is the Technical Director and is well known in the region as a youth coach. Under his leadership, the teams have qualified coaches who have the task of transmitting the club's DNA to the Aiglons of tomorrow. Here's a look at the School's technical staff.
- U11: Deniz Ondeyer and Gilles Pasquier
- U10: Victor Bonifassi and Dominique Houteki
- U9: Benjamin Saleberne (U6-U9 Manager), Tony Sapienza, Gillian Jardel
- U8: Dylan Diringer, Samuel Lauro and Romain Gomes
- U7: Guillaume Chapet, Rémi Feligioni and Jean-Louis Marcadal
- U6: Christophe Couderc, Cédric Mascaro and Gérard Fihlol
- U5 (Baby-Foot) : Olivier Pace and Marc Mattone
- U10-U11 : Guillaume CHAPET
- U9-U8 : Mélic LARBI
Performance department: Arthur Sart, assisted by Chloé Charrier and Estelle Rovelli
The Gym's School of Football has clear objectives and they are laid out to parents when they sign their child up. Primarily, it's to raise the level of rigour and competence from a young age with the aim of providing the pre-youth academy and youth academy with a wealth of talent in the future. To that end, the content of training sessions is mapped out in close collaboration with Manuel Pires (Youth Academy Director) and Fabrice Garrigues (Pre-Youth Academy Director).
The School of Football is motivated by three goals:
- Become a model for grassroots football in the county.
- Do well in competitions organised on a federal level.
- Participate in the biggest national and international tournaments.