December 3, 2016
Kick-off for 'Gym Solidaire'
For the clash with Tolouse (Sunday at 20:45), OGC Nice will extend their support of Inter-Secours Nice into a sixth year. This marks the launch of a new season for the 'Gym Solidaire' programme.
This Sunday, one euro from every ticket sold will go into a kitty and be transferred in its entirety to the Banque Alimentaire des Alpes Maritimes. Thanks to the joint force of Le gym and its fans, it will be almost €44,000 that has been converted into food since this operation was launched in the 2011-2012 season. These foodstuffs will then be distributed to the underprivileged by the Inter-Secours Nice's member associations (Secours Populaire, Armée du Salut, La Croix Rouge, etc.).
Over and above this annual operation, Gym and the la Banque Alimentaire have this season put in place a system of food collection at each home match. All the un-sold food from the concession stands at the Allianz Riviera is collected and then distributed by the associations.
This operation also marks the launch of the fourth edition of 'Gym Solidaire', conducted in partnership with the City of Nice and Nice's Centre Communal d’Action Sociale (CCAS). This programme, which looks to help those in need, will have Alassane Plea as its patron - a new role that the Aiglons' current top scorer takes very seriously: "I'm proud to be the patron. When you're an OGC Nice player, it makes perfect sense to get involved in the club's social work and to contribute to helping people who need it."
'Gym Solidaire' highlights from 2016-2017:
- 4/12: a drive to help Inter-Secours Nice
- 15/12: Christmas dinner with the homeless held by the City of Nice and the CCAS at the Jorge François Forum, with President Jean-Pierre Rivère and delegation of OGC Nice players in attendance.
- 18/12: An invitation for 250 in precarious situations to attend the Nice-Dijon fixture.
- Collection of clothing donations in front of the stadium, in partnership with the ABI 06 Foundation (new)
- Training session opened to handicapped kids and adults.